Thursday, September 8, 2011

Brownie Sundae Cheesecake



Since my husband isn't around to eat my creations for now, I'm taking this time to make things I know he won't eat! For example, anything with fruit or cream cheese in it. I had full intentions of making something else today, only to discover I didn't buy dark brown sugar--so I was out of luck. I then went to the second option on my list. My mom sent me this recipe about a month ago and I've been waiting to try it out! It was really, really easy to make. You can distinctly taste the brownie in this cheesecake as well! I just took a quick bite of it, but it's only been in the fridge for about 4 hours so it isn't the full effect yet. I expect by tomorrow all of the flavors will be perfect and the temperature will be right!

Ingredients:

I forgot to put the syrup bottle in this picture...so it got it's own special picture.


For the Brownie:
* 1 box of brownie mix and whatever the mix calls for

Crust:
* 1 1/2 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 cookies)
* 6 Tablespoons cocoa powder
* 6 Tablespoons powdered sugar
* 1 stick melted butter

Cheesecake:
* 4 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, room temp
* 1 cup sugar
* 4 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* chocolate syrup

Directions:
Brownie:
1. Bake brownies according to the box. Let cool.

Crust:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350.

2. Put vanilla wafers into a blender and grind to a crust consistency.

2. Add cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and melted butter and mix it together.

3. Press mixture into a 9 inch springform pan. Bake for 8 minutes and let cool.

Cheesecake:
1. Beat together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.

2. Add eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each time.

3. Pour half of the mixture onto the crust.

4. Cut brownies into small pieces. You'll only use about half of the pan of brownies.

5. Push brownies into the mixture. When it looks like you can't fit anymore, that's when you know to stop! If the brownies in the middle of the pan are too fudgy to take out, cut small squares on the opposite side of the pan and use those.


6. Spread the rest of the cheesecake mixture over the brownies.
7. Pour chocolate syrup on the top and then swirl with a butterknife.
8 Bake for 50-55 minutes. When you take the cheesecake out, let cool for about ten minute. Cover it and then put it in the fridge for atleast 4-5 hours, if possible leave it in the fridge over night.







*adapted from Just A Pinch

No comments:

Post a Comment