Thursday, September 8, 2011

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes

Hello everyone!!! I'm so sorry that it's been a couple weeks since I last posted. I'm back though! After baking the Peanut Butter Pie for Mikey, my mind started to wonder what I'd make next. I knew whatever I made next would be the last thing I baked that my husband would get to try for a while. I had a couple of things that I debated between but in the end, I chose to do snickerdoodle cupcakes. Chris tried his first snickerdoodle not too long ago and absolutley loved them! I figured I'd try out a snickerdoodle cupcake for him. We luckily got to celebrate his birthday together, so it turned into his birthday cupcake! He now can't figure out which one he likes better--the salted caramel cupcake or the snickerdoodle cupcake! It actually tasted like a snickerdoodle and at the same time tasted like cinnamon toast crunch. He wanted to put the cupcake in a bowl and pour milk on top of it for breakfast, that's how good he thought it was! The entire process of making this, I thought in my head, "this isn't going to taste good at all...I just can't see this tasting good." I was wrong! If you have a snickerdoodle recipe for the cookie that you already like, I'd go ahead and use that one and just roll the balls smaller. I used the recipe that came with the cupcake recipe and it wasn't my absolute favorite--but it worked. I tweaked some of the recipe from the original and it worked out perfect! If you decide to make this, I hope you enjoy!




Ingredients:




Snickerdoodle Cookies
*1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
* 1/4 cup shortening
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1 egg
Cinnamon-Sugar covering for cookies:* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1 Tablespoon cinnamon


Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons cinnamon
* 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
* 1 cup sugar
* 2 eggs, room temperature
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 3/4 cup milk, room temperature


Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting:
* 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
* 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
* 3 -4 tablespoons milk 
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.


2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.


3. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Set aside.


4. In a mixer, cream butter, shortening, and sugar on medium for about 2 minutes.


5. Add egg and mix until combined.


6. Add the flour mixture and beat until combined.


7. In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.


8. Form dough into small, round balls and roll into cinnamon sugar.







9. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cookies begin to crack. Remove and let cool on a wire rack.


Cupcake Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


2. Line regular and miniature cupcake trays with paper liners.


3. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside.


4. In a mixer, cream butter and sugar on medium for about 2 minutes.


5. Add eggs, one at a time and mix until combined.


6/ Add vanilla and mix until combined.


7. Add flour mixture to creamed butter and sugar in three additions. Alternate with milk in two additions.


8. Fill baking cups about 3/4 full.


9. Bake for about 15-20 minutes.


10. Remove cupcakes from trays and let cool.


Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting Directions:


Directions:


  1. Place butter in large bowl.
  2. Beat on low 30 seconds.
  3. Add sugar about a cup at a time, beating on low between each addition.
  4. Add 3 tablespoons milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
  5. Beat on medium 1 minute.
  6. Blend in up to 1 tablespoons of milk if frosting is too thick.




Here was the finished product:















*adapted from Bakerella, Food.com

No comments:

Post a Comment