Friday, September 30, 2011

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Oreo Brownie Bar

NOTE: it is super gooey, but is cooked, i promise!

I am officially addicted to pinterest. One night, I was browsing through desserts and came across the highest calorie thing I've ever seen. It made me gain ten pounds just from looking at it. I thought to myself that I could never make this because I'd surely die after the first bite. I mean, a chocolate chip cookie with oreos on top with brownie on top of that?! Who could resist that temptation! Obviously not me! This week I decided I'd make it so that I could stop wondering how it would taste! It is a chocolate lovers dream. Given the obvious that it tastes like a chocolate chip cookie with an oreo with a brownie, you get everything you love in one bite! The best part for me was that the oreo's didn't turn soggy while baking. They actually stayed crunchy. You can taste every flavor. Given the dessert is so thick, some of it came out gooey, but that for me was the absolute best part! My brother and sister also chowed down on the gooey part and it became their favorite. I'd say try this recipe atleast once to say that you did it! you won't be disappointed! Make sure you have a BIG glass of milk next to you while eating this.


Ingredients:
* 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 3/4 cup light brown sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 cups (12 ounces) milk chocolate chips
* 1 pkg Oreos

* 1 Family Size (9×13) Brownie mix
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Cream the butter and both sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3-5 minutes.



3. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well to thoroughly combine.


4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt, then slowly incorporate into the mixer until the flour is just combined.

5. Stir in chocolate chips.


6. Spread the cookie dough in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish that’s been lined with wax paper.


7. Top with a layer of Oreos.


8. Mix together brownie mix.


9. Pour the brownie batter over the cookie dough and Oreos.



10. Bake for 45-55 minutes.
as you can see, this came out to almost as tall as the pan
delicious!



* To half this recipe for an 8×8 brownie mix, just half the chocolate chip cookie dough ingredients. Enjoy!

 


3 comments:

  1. um...is this 2 pieces or 2 layers??? OMG...I just went up a pant size looking at it. YUM

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey :) it's actually three layers! the first layer is the chocolate chip cookie, the middler layer are oreo's, and the third layer is the brownie mix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the picture there are two stacked on top of each other! Its addicting!

    ReplyDelete